- POP3 and IMAP are e-mail accounts in which
(A) One automatically gets one’s mail everyday
(B) One has to be connected to the server to read or write one’s mail
(C) One only has to be connected to the server to send and receive email
(D) One does not need any telephone lines
- With regard to e-mail, what does Bcc : mean ?
(1) Blind Computer Communication : – The users specified in the Bcc : field will get the
e-mail and see the addresses in the to : and cc : fields.
(2) Blind Carbon Copy : – The users specified in the Bcc : field will get the e-mail and see the addresses in the to : and cc : fields.
(3) Blind Computer Communication :- The users specified in the Bcc : field will get the
e-mail but it will be an audio file because this is how blind people get e-mail.
(4) Blind Carbon Copy : The users specified in the Bcc : field will get the e-mail but will not see the addresses in the to : and cc : fields.
4.Which of the following enables us to send the same letter to different persons in MS Word
(1) Mail join
(2) Mail copy
(3) Mail insert
(4) Mail merge
- With regard to a word processing software, the process of combining static information in a publication together with variable information in a data source to create one merged publication is called
(1) Electronic mail
(3) Mail merge
(4) Spam mail
Q-8 Computer data files that are included with an email message are often referred to as:
- Spam Mails
- Carbon copy
- While sending an e-mail, to differentiate among To: , Cc: and Bcc: fields, which one of the following statements is True?
(1) Recipients in the To: field can see the email addresses that are in the Bcc: and Cc: fields
(2) Recipients in the Cc: field can see the email addresses that are in the To: and Bcc: fields
(3) Recipients in the Bcc : field can see the email addresses that are in the To: and Cc: fields
(4) Only the recipients in the Cc: field can see the other email addresses in the Bcc: field
- Why would BCC: be used in an e-mail?
(1) BCC: allows the recipient to identify all the other recipients in the list when a group email address is used
(2) BCC: allows the sender to indicate who the email is for if there is more than one recipient
(3) BCC: allows the sender of a message to conceal the recipient entered in the BCC: field from the other recipients
(4) BCC: allows recipients to be visible to all other recipients of the message
.11 Radha receives an email claiming that her credit card account is about to be suspended unless she emails her credit card details and personal identification number (PIN) Immediately. What is this an example of ?
- Virus signing
Q.12 Ankur receives an email informing him that his credit card is going to be canceled. The email advises him to click on the provided link and sign into his online banking account to prevent this from happening, which he does. A week later, Ankur notices that RS 10000 Has been withdrawn from his bank account. What has Ankur fallen victim to?
(1) A phishing scam
(2) A trojan horse
(3) Online blackmail
(4) A virus
- Which of the following domains is used for – profit businesses ?
(1) .org (2) .net
(3) .edu (4) .com
Q-14 DNS stands for:
- Distributed Name System
- Dynamic Name Standard
- Domain Name System
- Domain Name Standard
- Which of the following is generally associated with the domain name of an educational institution?
(16). Select the option that lists compo ents for a cyberspace address (URL) in the correct order
- Protocol, domain name of the host path / file
- Path / file, protocol, domain name of the host
- Protocol, path /file, domain name of the host
- Domain name of the host, protocol. path / file